The Citizen's Academy guidelines are as follows:
- Classes and activities will start promptly at the designated time on the course schedule. Please make every effort to arrive at least 15 minutes early and be prepared to participate.
- Classes will be held at the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office Training Academy unless otherwise specified in a course schedule.
- Graduation from the Academy will require attendance at a minimum of 6 of the 8 instructional sessions.
- Casual, comfortable clothing is appropriate for all aspects of the training. Shorts, tank tops, and sandals are exceptions to this rule, and are not permitted.
- The interior of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office Training Academy and headquarters are smoke free environments.
- The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office will supply all paper, pens, and equipment necessary for use in training, unless otherwise specified.
- No examinations will be administered during the course, but it is suggested that notes be taken for retention and reference purposes.
- Students are encouraged to participate in the classroom discussions and offer their perspective on the subjects under discussion.
- Evaluations will be conducted throughout the Academy to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the instruction and improve future classes.